We can only accept designs that meet certain quality criteria and appeal to a wide range of potential customers. This is why we will reject designs if one of the following reasons apply. If you have any questions as to why your design was rejected, please get in touch with our legal service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a designer, you can earn money with your ideas at Spreadshop. It is in both your and our interest to protect rights of use and copyrights. We usually reject the publication of a design if we can find the design elsewhere online and aren’t able to get in touch with you to verify your authorship. These cases make identifying the authorship contentious. Even if a third-party design is labelled public domain content, the usage rights are not properly clarified and we must reject the design. We also want to avoid multiple offers. In case you should indeed be the actual author, please do got in touch and contact us.
As a print-on-demand provider, we need to respect requests from intellectual property owners. We may reject designs that show elements of protected intellectual property, even in cases of parodies. The same is true for images or names of real-life persons who are entitled to a right to privacy.
If you are not sure if your design violates existing rights, consult an attorney.
Also, sometimes the legal situation changes and we remove designs from our platform, even if they were originally published online.
We value peaceful coexistence, and we want to make life more beautiful with the designs people find through our Spreadshop community. Please remember that designs violating our community guidelines will be rejected if they contain illegal content, hate speech, pornography or glorify violence. Based on our Community Standards we reserve the right to remove sensitive content or limit its visibility. This is especially true for the protection of minors or if we find it necessary to protect the needs of our diverse community. Legally prohibited content won’t be printed by us. Please contact us should you see any designs on our platform which violate our Community Guidelines.
Spreadshop stands for quality. Every product in your Shop should make your customers smile. That's why every design needs to meet certain quality criteria before we can publish it.
- Designs must be completely cropped. Be sure to completely remove the background on your designs. If you do need a background, it should be visible in its entirety and not be pixilated. The same is true for any other kind of pixelation. Edges should be clean and accurate.
- In order to achieve a good print result, pixel graphics need a sufficiently high resolution without pixelation. Read more about the requirements on pixel designs.
- Blurred or washed-out designs can’t be published, because the print result would not meet your expectations or our high quality standards.
- Low contrast designs often look dull after printing and don’t come out right. Be sure to upload designs that are rich in contrast and color. Remember, what looks like a bit “overkill” on your monitor will render well on fabric.
- With automatically vectorized designs, some of the design elements may not be be cleanly rendered. Common problems include rounded corners, deformed objects or incorrectly set anchor points. Pay attention to clean vector graphics so we can publish your design quickly.
- Digital prints deliver the best print results, but production is more demanding than other print methods. Digital direct printing requires spraying a base-layer on the product before applying the design. This is necessary to bring the colors out nicely. On semi-transparent prints, you’ll see the pre-treatment shine through later (which is of course not ideal). On dark and colorful products, this effect is more pronounced. Our tip: Avoid semi-transparencies and sprinkle these areas with spots of color instead.
- If we should spot accidental typos, we'll do you a favor by not publishing your design. It’ll give you a chance to correct the slip and re-upload the design.
Valuable tips on how to optimize your graphics quickly and easily can be found in this blog post. Our design experts are happy to help you: Premium Design Service helps you realize your design ideas in a professional and inexpensive way.