The Google Search Console is a free tool for you to easily monitor and optimise the performance of your Spreadshop domain. With this tool you can tell Google that you e.g. want to index new pages in your Shop.
To do this, you must confirm that your Shop really belongs to you. This is how:
- Log in to http://www.google.com/webmasters/ or log in to an existing account.
- Select "Add Property" from the drop-down menu at the top left.
- Enter your Spreadshop domain at "URL prefix".
- Select the "HTML tag" option to verify your Shop.
- Select and copy the string between the quotation marks. This is your property ID.
- Paste the Property ID you copied in your Shop settings under "Marketing" > "Google" in "Google Property ID".
- Go back to the Google Search Console and confirm your property. If it doesn’t work immediately, give it some time. A delay may be due to the cache runtime. Just try again in about an hour.
Once it’s set up, you’ll be able to use the features of the Google Search Console.